Why People Hate Hunters
An answer to the common forum question – Why Do People Seem To Hate Hunters?
People hate hunters because hunters are hard to play.
Just like any other class, 9 out of 10 people who play hunters are stupid. Unfortunately for hunters, a stupid hunter is a much greater liability than a stupid any other class.
1. Hunters are the only class that can wipe a group by accidentally right-clicking a mob.
2. Hunters have pets that can cause wipes if not controlled properly. They can also be blamed for wipes even when the pet would make no difference.
E.G. A monster in an instance runs at low health and isn’t slowed. The hunter pet follows it, hitting it. The monster runs into the next group and the adds wipe the group. Of course the hunter pet gets the blame, but those mobs would have been aggroed by the runner if the pet followed it or not
3. Hunter CC is the most difficult of all to use properly. It also has a higher chance to break than any other classes’ CC, because hunters – being physical damage dealers – do not typically wear equipment that increases their spell hit chance, and traps are “Spells”
4. When a hunter pulls aggro, he will often feign death which will send the mob towards a healer and subsequently wipe the group. When a mage pulls aggro, he will often just die. The group will often still wipe but at least people feel that the mage got what he deserved, whereas the hunter can cause a wipe and be the only person who doesn’t have to corpse run. That pisses a lot of people off.
5. The difference in DPS between a bad hunter and a good hunter is more than any other class. Even the most retarded mage can spam fireball over and over again. Hunters who do not know how to weave their shots, or – even worse – those who melee, do less damage than tanks.
6. Hunters can wear any non-plate armour and wield any weapon except maces and wands. So there is a large amount of equipment that can be used (some that should, some that shouldn’t). Many other classes – especially early in their careers – learn to hate hunters for rolling on “Their Loot”. Rogues especially will hate hunters for their entire WoW experience, because they refuse to accept that we share a lot of gear.
So it’s actually because most people in the game have at some time grouped with hunters who can’t CC, wipe their group for no particular reason, do terrible DPS, and then feign death and avoid repair bills when the %@*% inevitably hits the fan. Then if they do kill anything, they steal all the loot.
Hope that helps.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.